C-Level Leader - Board Member - Veteran - Public Speaker - Influencer
Mark (CISSP – ISSAP, ISSMP) – Head of Digital Business for Netsync – Mark is an innovative executive, keynote speaker, military veteran, author and ranked thought leader focused on making technology simpler, more valuable and more effective for consumers and businesses alike. He is a proven leader who mentors and empowers his staff to achieve their goals through leadership, collaboration, empowerment, diversity and strives to bring order out of chaos, excellence out of mediocrity, and efficiency out of inefficiency.
He is an active security, IoT and AI practitioner with a wealth of relevant experience working with public and private sector C-levels. Former CIO, CTO & CISO for large global commercial concerns including $72BN financial services company. Led technology and sales teams that have sold $100s of millions of dollars in IT & security solutions.
Mark was named an Ernst & Young’s “Entrepreneur of Year – Southwest Region” Finalist and presented the Doak Walker Award on ESPN’s CFB Awards Show to a national television audience.
As a C-level innovator, Mark believes most business decisions today are shaped and influenced by marketing and technology together because it has the power to transform businesses, relationships and opportunities. Uses vision and leadership to help shape how companies deploy and manage mobile, social, cloud, Internet of Things, analytics and technologies to support growth, generate more opportunity, increase productivity and profitability. Mark engages daily with a curated audience of over 90,000 followers across several social media channels (unique and not general) on cybersecurity, AI and IoT and his marketing teams he has led have won 3 Gold, 4 Silver and 3 Bronze Addy Awards.
Mark served on the board of directors for Southern Methodist University Cox School of Business. He serves as a board member on an elite corporate board for WellAware and has previously served on several other corporate and advisory boards.
He presented the Doak Walker Award on ESPN’s College Football Awards Show to a national television audience. Mark has spoken at numerous events and has been quoted by numerous publications including Wall Street Journal, Information Week, eWeek, The Dallas Morning News, Computer World, CRN, InfoWorld and others.
Mark has a passion for public speaking about not only technology, but also about veterans rights, greater diversity in technology and STEM to ensure a better world for all. It will help us all rise!
He holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Tulsa. He holds numerous industry certifications including the CISSP, ISSAP and ISSMP certifications from ISC2.
Mark served honorably in the United States Army. He served in the 3rd Ranger Battalion, 2/187th Airborne and 82d Airborne.
- Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist – Southwest Region
- Information Week Start-Up of the Year Finalist – Reader’s Choice Award
- Presented the Doak Walker Running Back Award on ESPN’s College Football Awards Show in front of a national television audience national television audience
- Ad & Marketing teams I have led have won 3 Gold, 4 Silver and three Bronze Addy Awards.
- In 2019, performed over 40 Keynote Speaking, Speaking, Panel and Moderator engagements.
- Performed numerous speaking/influencing engagements each year for companies like IBM, Intel, Oracle, University of Texas Dallas, IBM Watson, Threat Metrix, BDO, RSA and many others
- Ranked by several influencer ranking organizations as a top ranked global influencer, speaker and practitioner for Cybersecurity, AI, Data Center and IoT.
- Performed technology and operations due diligence for Lone Star Funds $660MM Acquisition of BI-LO Holdings, LLC, from the Dutch retailing company Ahold
- Presented to CHIME group of 21 Healthcare CIOs regarding service availability and HIPAA
- Authored e-Book on enterprise security called: “15 Enterprise Security Myths Exposed”.
- Featured in two chapters of “2018 Cybersecurity Intelligence Report” by Oracle
- Named one of SaleForce’s Top 20 Influencers in 2018
- Produced only commercial multi-tenant elastic SaaS management cloud utilizing Big Data & IoT
- Named One of D Magazine’s Internet Top 50 Professionals
- Board/Advisory Board Member – SMU Cox School of Business, Vectrix, FireScope, AirTight, etc…
- Supervised delivery of the original Fandango movie site that went into production and become incredibly successful
- Honorably served in the U.S. Army – 3d Ranger Battalion and 82nd Airborne (2/325)